Wednesday 13 April 2016

1) In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?



Below is showing my original conventions research which is showing the conventions of the products I have made. I am putting this into my evaluation question because of the analysis following which is analyzing my own products against the conventions. 
Powered by emaze



























When looking at Theorists, My music video and Ancillary texts I can think of only a few which can be linked. The first one to really jump out at me though is Tessa Perkins due to the stereotypes which come with being a single father;

  • Dads have absolutely no idea what they're doing. 
  • Dads always feel very protective of their daughters.
  • Dads feel out of place at the school gate. 
  • Dads can't cook for kids. 
This stereotype that dads and single dads have is appalling because the truth is all parents learn as they go along, no matter what their gender they are. You arent born a natural parent it is like anything else especially when being left alone with them you wont know what to do unless you know the children and how to act around them. 
Now i arent giving mums a bad name but i am mainly speaking about men because the story is  about a single dad. I was very shocked by what I found when researching however it is inevitable because people wont change they will always judge.

In a way I also think that Laura Mulvey's theory can also apply here because again it is a music video about a father who is watching his children being taken away. Where as Mulvey's theory usually applies in a different way. As her theory applies to the way in which men objectify women and look at they etc. i find that if a man were to watch my music video they would look at the woman in my music video in a different way. She is in the wrong in my music video, she is taking his children away. This music video could be very upsetting for some men who have been through the same thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment